1. We're learning all about the seasons and the weather in Science and this week was all about Summer!
This is the Summer corner of the classroom showing off the cute crafts we worked on. Painted ice creams and bright shining suns! The big sun and clouds with raindrops were the original decorations but they have been taken over by the kids' work. :)
2. What to do when you've too much to do? Procrastinate, of course!
I spent a few hours in my classroom last Sunday trying to get ahead with planning and reports, but instead made this little fella. He is our 'Number Monster' - he asks to eat numbers that are more than, less than, equal to certain numbers, or he might ask to eat 2 numbers that add to make a specific amount. He is very demanding! The kidlets feed him numbers written or drawn on slips of paper. The Number Monster is of course besties with the Alphabet Monster.
3. Yep, lots of procrastinating this week! I use clipboards from time to time when the kidlets are working on the floor in their groups. We have a tonne of old ones in Prep - and the ones I had been using originally looked like this:
After a bit of prettying up they now look like this:
A coat of spray paint and some rainbow Scotch tape made them much cuter... and saved me some money in buying new ones!
4. Don't you just l-o-v-e it when your kidlets make you proud?
We had some unstructured time this week so I could finish up some assessment checklisting. I'd put out some activities for the kids to work on - maths and literacy games, fine motor tasks, phonics apps, a colour by number etc. - but was planning to just ignore the tomfoolery that I was sure would happen while they were supposed to be working and I was distracted. :) Those little sweeties worked carefully and stayed focused the whole time, even though I was occupied and not giving them any direction. I was so impressed and proud of their maturity. The game in the photo is one that my Preppies absolutely love, and the ice cream theme fit in nicely with our Summer week! You can grab the pre-primer version from my TpT store, and I'll hopefully have the primer words done this weekend. :)
5. Bargain of the week - cupcake timer from Aldi.
Pack up time has never been so exciting! :)
I hope everyone is enjoying their last few weeks of school, or summer break depending where in the world you are!