1. Winter in Queensland is absolutely gorgeous. We have had sunshine and warm weather for the past few weeks, perfect for beach walks! I took these photos last Sunday, and it's looking like this weekend will be even nicer. As soon as I finish this post I'm off for a walk to enjoy the sun. :)
2. We had a busy week at school this week, starting on Monday with our Athletics Day. After all the fun and competition, these were the faithful few of my class who stayed 'til the end of the day. Needless to say, we had a quiet afternoon!
3. We celebrated Book Week on Thursday with a costume parade. Everyone came dressed as their favourite book character. The Prep team combined to become the gang from Alice in Wonderland - we had Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat. Here's me (as Alice) with a leopard and Wally. :)
4. My kidlets have been learning about the digraph 'sh' and yesterday we drew some cute sheep and painted them with watercolours. I love directed drawing activities because every child can be successful while still creating unique work. It's always amazing that the animals or characters they draw show so much of their own personality, even without their names you can tell who drew each sheep. :)
5. Two lovely surprises for me yesterday: the boss provided us all with a yummy morning tea and a 'thank you for your hard work' note and one of my kidlets brought me a big bunch of sunny yellow daffodils and an 'I love you' card. After having them in the classroom all day I think it might be nice to have a colourful bunch of flowers on display all the time!
Happy Weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by. :)