When the Five for Friday posts started popping up in my Bloglovin' feed this week, my first reaction was 'Huh? It's Friday?!' Don't you just love being on Summer break and forgetting what day of the week it is? :) Link up with Doodle Bugs and share your five random moments.
1. So... when I posted my Christmas Questionnaire responses the other day I mentioned that I love receiving presents over giving them... reading through everyone else's responses, I realised that I was just about the only one who gave that answer! Consequently, I felt like the world's worst person!! But I've had a think about it, and I think my honest answer would be that I love exchanging gifts. I love choosing a special item that I know my friends or family will love, and I also love opening up gifts that make me feel special and loved. It's the giving and receiving of pressies at the same time that's my favourite. :) Yesterday I exchanged gifts with my best friend (she's off overseas tomorrow). We must know each other so well... we bought the same 365 Journal!
2. Along those lines, I wanted to share a pic of the cutest paper ever that I'm using this year to wrap some of my gifts. I love watching Charlie Brown Christmas, so I was so happy to find this at Typo.
3. In my shopping adventures this week I have crossed quite a few things off my list for family and friends but I've also grabbed some bargains that are for (where else?) my classroom. Alison Lester writes such gorgeous books so I was happy to grab a pack of 4 for $15, and I got a hardcover edition of The Very Hungry Caterpillar for $10 (normally $30). 'Yes' and 'Tall', written by Jez Alborough were down from $17 to $3! You can never have too many Zoobs - they are on sale at Aldi this week, and the felt Christmas tree will get packed away to use next year on a classroom wall. The pretty scarf is for me. :)
4. Yesterday was a beautiful, hot day. I wandered down to the beach in the very late afternoon and enjoyed the warm breeze and the sound of the waves. :)
5. To celebrate a few weeks of nails with no paint or playdough stuck in them I'm going to have a go at this manicure. Wish me luck!
Happy weekend everyone!