1. Every year the kids in your class will find their way into your heart, and no matter how tricky they were to work with you will cry as you watch them leave on the last day of school. :)
2. You can never have enough clothes pegs, ziplock bags, Pringles cans, duct tape, glitter, cardboard boxes...
3. There is no such thing as a 2 day weekend when you have school on Monday.
4. It's so important to be prepared for ALL of your lessons before the week starts, because free time in the school week is never guaranteed. There's always meetings called, things to grade and file, parents to speak to and activities to tidy up so you can't be sure that there will be time to prepare lessons in the week that you need to teach them.
5. If you change your perfume, the kidlets will notice!
6. The one time you go to the grocery store and only buy chocolate and wine, at least 3 school families will see you and report back the next day. :)
7. There's always something new to read about, different ideas to try and ways to shake up your teaching to make sure that your kidlets are engaged and learning. If something isn't working, change it.
8. Don't compete with other teachers - they have a different teaching style, a different class, a different personality and different amounts of time available to them for planning and making resources. Just do what you know is best for your class - you can't do everything!
9. The teachers you meet at school will most likely become your best friends.
10. Get your roots done - the gorgeous kidlet picking up a black pencil to draw 'the top bit' of your hair will not make you feel pretty! :)
This girl better get to gettin' on. Dinner to cook so I can have an 8pm bed time! Looking forward to reading the 10 things you have learned in your time as a teacher.