1. We finished up our Science work on living and non-living things this week, and 'The Lorax' was the prompt for our Writing Project during group time as we thought about how to care for the environment. We made these gorgeous paper plate Lorax faces to remind us that unless someone like us cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!
2. On Monday we start our new unit - all about CHRISTMAS! I'm super excited - I l.o.v.e Christmas! This afternoon I stayed back to get some decorations up in my classroom, and I can't wait for the kidlets to arrive on Monday so I can see their faces when they see all the sparkles! All of our special Christmas stories are under the tree ready to read.
Even our cheeky Reading Corner owls have decorated for the Christmas season! :)
3. During our outside play time today we had water play. The kidlets all arrived at school in their togs and had lots of fun running in the sprinklers, splashing each other and sitting in the toy boats full of water. A perfect Queensland morning in the sun! This was my favourite photo - hats pegged to the gate to dry. :)
4. Finally wore this coral necklace out after owning it for ages and not being brave enough to wear it. Does anyone else leave stuff that they love to gather dust, or is that just me??
5. It's almost the end of our school year and I am struggling when that 5am alarm goes in the morning. I love this quote - it's perfect for me this week!
Happy Friday friends! This tired teacher is off to bed. :)