Friday 1 November 2013

Five for Friday! 01/11/13

Another Friday... another five random moments to share!  Link up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs to join in on the fun.


1. We finished up our Science work on living and non-living things this week, and 'The Lorax' was the prompt for our Writing Project during group time as we thought about how to care for the environment.  We made these gorgeous paper plate Lorax faces to remind us that unless someone like us cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not! 



2. On Monday we start our new unit - all about CHRISTMAS! I'm super excited - I l.o.v.e Christmas! This afternoon I stayed back to get some decorations up in my classroom, and I can't wait for the kidlets to arrive on Monday so I can see their faces when they see all the sparkles!  All of our special Christmas stories are under the tree ready to read.


Even our cheeky Reading Corner owls have decorated for the Christmas season! :)


3. During our outside play time today we had water play.  The kidlets all arrived at school in their togs and had lots of fun running in the sprinklers, splashing each other and sitting in the toy boats full of water.  A perfect Queensland morning in the sun!  This was my favourite photo - hats pegged to the gate to dry. :)


4. Finally wore this coral necklace out after owning it for ages and not being brave enough to wear it. Does anyone else leave stuff that they love to gather dust, or is that just me??


5. It's almost the end of our school year and I am struggling when that 5am alarm goes in the morning.  I love this quote - it's perfect for me this week!


Happy Friday friends!  This tired teacher is off to bed.  :)

Lauren


9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I love the most! I love your necklace (I totally do the same thing!). I love your adorable little tree too! Do you teach the calendar year? We started in August and get out in May here.

    -Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      We do teach the calendar year. We start late January, and finish early December for our Summer/Christmas holidays. Our school year has 4 terms, with a 2 week break at Easter, in June/July and then in September/October.

      Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Lauren

      Delete
  2. Love your necklace and the shoes, too!! I buy lots of things I'd love on someone else, but can't ever get the nerve up to wear them myself!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I love those shoes, too - they were $5 from Target! I buy lots of things that I have pinned... and then remember that I am not a model like the girls that I pinned are. :)

      Delete
  3. The coral necklace is super cute. Coral is such a great color!
    Tamra and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just returning the visit! I love your blog! Those owls are too cute; we recently made owls as well, but I love your corner display. Great necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie. The owls turned out so nicely that I just had to display them. :) I saw a cute paper bag owl the other day that I am dying to try out too.

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!