Saturday 2 November 2013

It's Currently November!

Let's ignore the fact that it's NOVEMBER already, and this year is clearly racing past at warp speed, and get straight to Farley's Currently!


Listening - I have Peasant Vision (a.k.a no cable) so Saturday night is sometimes a TV wasteland.  Luckily, Channel 11 plays back to back Sex and the City repeats!

Loving - My cousin Emma is 3 weeks younger than me (our Mums are the 2 youngest sisters of 6) and we spent most of our childhood together. On Thursday night she had her first baby, a 6 pound 3 ounce boy they named Tennyson James.  I met him this afternoon and he is absolutely perfect.  Beautiful soft skin, loooooooong fingers and a gorgeous, wise little face. Perfection.

Thinking - On Friday I'll celebrate the first anniversary of my 30th birthday!  I love birthdays!!! Last year we went to Vegas and had a super fun weekend.  This year I'll be with my kidlets at school.  Not quite the same, but just as special.

Wanting - I ordered this dress from ModCloth and I am just dying to wear it! 


Needing - Fairly self-explanatory I'd say. :)

A Yummy Pin - I really did find it hard to pick just one yummy pin.  I frequently pin recipes, and more often than not I try them out.  Follow my Meal Planning board for lots of delicious treats.  Today I'm sharing a meal that is honestly the easiest thing you could ever cook.  All you need to do is throw some chicken thighs (skin on), pieces of chorizo and some potato and onion quarters in a baking dish.  Drizzle on some olive oil, add orange zest and oregano and bake.  Try it - you will come back to thank me, I promise! (Just don't over cook it - I usually cover mine with foil to avoid drying the chorizo out.)

This is a recipe from Nigella Lawson.


Happy November everyone!  I hope you are currently happy and healthy. :)

Lauren



8 comments:

  1. Oh YAY!!! I love new babies!! Congrats to your cousin!

    And happy first anniversary of your 30th birthday on Friday! I will celebrate the 13th anniversary of my 30th in January. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      Thanks for stopping by! I love new babies too, especially tiny ones. :)

      Delete
  2. I would love an extra day in the weekend!! And a new baby so much fun!! My best friend just had a baby boy too and I spend whatever time I can over there.
    Happy early birthday!!
    I just saw you are in Australia. Love Australia! I spent 6 weeks there student teaching and would love to go back whenever I get the chance!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica,

      Where did you live when you were in Australia? I'm in Queensland.

      Lauren

      Delete
  3. Love that dress...I've never ordered from ModCloth but i have drooled over their stuff more than once! My littlest has the longest skinniest fingers...some piano playing in her future! Have a very Happy Birthday!!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deirdre,

      I'll make sure to post when the dress gets here and let you know if it's good quality. That's the trickiest bit about ordering online - sometimes the price is too good to be true!

      Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)
      Lauren

      Delete
  4. That dress looks gorgeous, Happy Birthday in advance to you! New babies smell soooo good, I love their chubby little legs.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania,
      I'm hoping the dress is all I'm hoping it is! Fingers crossed ti arrives tomorrow. :)

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!