Saturday 14 September 2013

Five for Friday! 13/09/13

Hooray for the weekend!  Time to link up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday!


1.  As I type this, there is a big, dark raincloud slowly moving overhead.  My fingers are crossed for a rainy day!  After having weeks of gorgeous, sunny weather (read about our day in the sunshine!) we need the rain - and I am so exhausted that an excuse to stay home and lounge around is exactly what I need!  One more week and then it's Spring break for us... I can't wait!

2. Our internet was down at school on and off this week - so on Monday morning my plans to quickly whip up some templates for our fine motor groups had to change because my laptop prints wirelessly.  Instead of something made with Powerpoint and printed, I drew with a Sharpie on some card.  My kidlets were a bit confused, asking me why I hadn't done a 'proper' job! :) I had to laugh - these are truly children of the technological age! I wonder if they were amazed when they were able to use them just as effectively?  They used tongs to balance pom-poms on top of each asterisk that I had drawn.



3. OK... time for a confession.  At the moment, this is what my lounge room floor looks like.  This stuff is sitting there waiting for me to give it some attention - I have plans to reorganise my activity/card/game storage.  It was a great plan when I lugged everything home from school, and then not such a great plan when I realised how much effort it would take!  If I ever get it done I'll post about the idea I have to tidy it all up. :)


4.  Loved seeing these gorgeous roses brightening up my house this week!


5. I put in a furniture order for my classroom this week.  Hoping for one of the items to be approved, I was over the moon when I discovered that my boss had approved all three!  Pretty soon I will be the proud 'owner' of a new Writer's Corner table, a colourful mobile learning station, and one of these 'intensive teaching tables' (in a nice blue colour, instead of this green).  Very thankful to my school for spending the money to create some updated learning spaces in my room.  So hoping they arrive in the holidays so I can get everything set up for Term 4!


Well, writing this post took long enough that the lovely cloud has moved on - now I feel lIke I need to get off the couch and get some laundry and cleaning done!  I hope you are having a fabulous Friday, or super Saturday (depending where in the world you are). :)

Lauren





1 comment:

  1. Those roses are gorgeous! Yay for new furniture!! I love your fine motor skills activity too! :)

    Your newest follower :)
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!