Saturday 21 September 2013

Five for Friday! 21/09/13

Five for Friday time!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs to share some randomness from my week. :)



1. OK, some school stuff first.  This week we made this cute owl craft after reading a book called 'Oola, The Owl Who Lost Her Hoot'.  The illustrations in the book were collage, and each little owl was made from patterned paper and fabric. I threw together a much simpler version for my kidlets because they thought Oola was so cute.  We used scrapbooking paper and coloured card. I'm going to display them on the bulletin board in our reading corner on a collage-inspired tree!



2. Earlier in the term I put out a request to my class parents asking for donations of 'Reading Buddies' - cuddly toys that can keep us company and listen to our stories during independent reading time.  Within 2 days I had 25 toys - most of them brand new!!  Since then my kidlets have been more eager than ever to read.  Gotta love that!  This is my favourite Reading Buddy, a gorgeous puppy with big, sad eyes.

I have permission from this cutie's Mum to publish his photo.

3. There's nothing quite like waking up on the first day of holidays and knowing that you have 2 glorious weeks to relax and unwind!  Unfortunately, I woke up early this morning, realised it was holidays and then was too excited to go back to sleep! :)  I'll have to have a sleep in tomorrow.  My early morning job was throwing the cushion covers and Gavin (our class writing pet) in the washing machine to get rid of a term of germs.


4. Holiday job number two: get my hair done.  I went for a blunt fringe this time, just because I felt like a change!


5. All the way across the Pacific my lovebird is having his birthday. Happy Birthday to my one and only. :)

Chris came to visit Australia in April and this was our favourite place.  The Opera Bar in Sydney.
I hope wherever you are, you are having a wonderful weekend.  And for Aussie teachers - enjoy your holidays!  I know I will. :)

Lauren



1 comment:

  1. The owl is super cute! and I must say your washing machine looks very modern compared to mine! I'm sorry you are not with the one you love on his birthday, that is hard. Enjoy your holiday! Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!