Saturday 2 August 2014

It's Currently August!

Hello, August!  I hope you've arrived to get me out of my blogging slump. :)

You know what the arrival of any new month means, though... Currently time with Farley!


Listening: We've been having odd weather here this week -  it's right in the middle of Winter, but a few days have had temperatures around 27 degrees C. This afternoon the wind has picked up and is absolutely howling.  I bet it's cold on the beach!

Loving: Lately I've been coming home from school and crashing on the couch - zonking out for a 20 minute snooze.  I've tried all sorts of tricks to increase my energy but I've just been really lethargic.  Those lazy afternoons are not so great... but weekend afternoons with nothing to do but watch a movie are awesome!  Today I watched 'The Jane Austen Book Club'.

Thinking: I've really lost my TpT and blogging mojo these past few weeks (see above...).  I have two cute products that just need to be finished off, and lots of fun ideas from my classroom to share.  Here's hoping I can post them this week!

Wanting: We had our school carnival today!  I bet you can imagine how excited my kidlets were all day yesterday. :)  I looked after my friend's little girl while she sold strawberries and cream on her stall and we had lots of fun on the teacup ride, patting some piglets and calves, getting her face painted and chatting to the other kidlets.  It was hot though - isn't a day in the sun always exhausting?  I can't wait for a hot shower.

Needing: Tomorrow I'm going to spend all day getting my house in order... fun, hey?  

1st Day: Here in Australia our Summer vacation is during December/January.  We went back two weeks ago for Term 3 after our Winter break. :)

I'm headed showerwards, and then I'm going to spend this evening catching up on my Bloglovin' feed and getting my wishlist ready for the TpT sale!  My store will be 20% off - use the code B2S14 for a total of 28% off. :)




3 comments:

  1. I'm the same in the afternoons after school - something about the second half of the school year maybe?? And 27 degrees! Gosh, for the middle of winter that's too warm.

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from teachers in the thick of things on the other side of the globe... gets me going as I get ready to start back. I'll be checking out your store :) Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear more about the carnival...our school doesn't have one, but it sounds like fun! I enjoyed reading your post :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!