Sunday 27 July 2014

It's a Sunday Smorgasbord!


Hi friends! Thanks for popping by for a bit of Sunday Smorgasbord randomness. :)

Let's start with just about my favourite craft of all time - paper plate Lorax faces!  These are so easy and make the cutest display.  Kidlets paint a paper plate orange and add a moustache that they have cut from either a traced outline or paint handprints.  Glue on a cotton ball nose and some googly eyes and you're done!  We made these this week after reading The Lorax and discussing the opinions of our little orange friend and The Once-ler.  (The Trufflula trees I used came from Krista Wallden.)


Isn't it always the way that when you have no spare money bargains are just everywhere?  That was the story of my life this week.  I bought a few things for my house and some for school (of course!).


I've been wanting something like this wooden sign art for ages and couldn't resist this one - especially since it was part of a closing down sale and was as cheap as chips!


Love the pattern and colours in these cushions... Now to find somewhere to put them!


$1 Fairy Tale books.  Thinking I should have bought more than one copy of Cinderella... I have a few princesses who will want it in their book boxes. :)


Two new balancing games to add to my fine motor morning group resource stash.


The Day the Crayons Quit and Chrysanthemum have been on my wish list for a long time now. I finally gave in and ordered them from The Book Depository.

Guess who had all of their lesson planning for next week done before she left school on Friday?  This girl!!  Every week I set myself that goal so I can have the weekends to relax but I always seem to find things at school to get done 'right now' which leaves me madly planning on a Sunday afternoon.  This week I decided that time to recharge was more important than the infinite number of little, busywork jobs that could be done in my classroom.  And wouldn't you know it... there was actually plenty of time to get everything done.  I'm crossing my fingers that I can make this a habit! :)


Look at the time... it must be coffee o'clock.  I bought a new book by my favourite author yesterday and I think I might need to spend some time in the fresh air reading.  Link up with Fabulous in First to share your week of random moments, too!


1 comment:

  1. Such awesome purchases. The patterns on the cushions are amazing. I love it when you're able to get your planning done before the weekend - not this week for me, unfortunately, but definitely and ongoing goal!!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!