I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love 'meet me' style posts! I just love to find out details about the bloggers I love. This week the theme for The Teaching Tribune's Monday Meet Up is 'random' - I can't wait to go and read everyone's posts!
1. My friend Kristy and I used to spend a lot of our weekends playing 'real estate office'. We had a tonne of stationery bits and pieces - notebooks, stamps, pens, folders - that my Mum had given us from her work, and a pile of 'open house' brochures that we had made ourselves. I would be the secretary and Kristy would be the agent. I'd book appointments for her and she would go out to the back garden and 'show' the houses to our imaginary clients, coming back to check her messages and make sure I'd done the admin work she'd left for me. We would play for hours!
2. My middle name is Rebecca, and for a long time when I was growing up I wished it was my first name. Not really sure why! I'm happy with Lauren now, but if I had to choose another name I guess it would be Rebecca. I love names though - quirky ones and ones with lots of meaning especially. My first question when I hear a friend is pregnant is "What will you name the baby?". Leave a comment if you or one of your children has an unusual name - I'd love to hear the story behind it! :)
3. I really had to think hard about 'the worst' thing that's happened in my classroom. The situation I described was back in my first year or two of teaching. It sure did give me a fright!
4. This was a no-brainer! I love, love, love Anne of Green Gables. The language, the imagery, the romance... Gilbert Blythe was always the man of my dreams! Now that I think about it... Anne might be the reason that I became a teacher. :)
5. My 'little' brother (he's 3 years younger than me) has been bigger than me since I was about 12. :)
6. I'm not a real breakfast eater. I start the day with a coffee and usually eat a few hours after I get up. School days I have muslei and yoghurt, but for special occasions I go to a local cafe and order one of their huge pancake stacks with banana and caramel. They are to. die. for!
Link up to share some randomness!