My week at school was looooong and frustrating. The kidlets are tired, I'm tired, and we're rushing to squeeze everything into our short term. That's why most of my Friday five are non school related - I need a break from thinking about it! :)
1. Last weekend we had some gorgeous weather, so a friend and I sat for a couple of hours at the beach enjoying some wine and cheese. Such a lovely way to wind down and people watch. Please excuse the below par presentation of the picnic - it's the atmosphere that counts!
2. I absolutely l-o-v-e having fresh flowers at home - aren't these pink roses beautiful?
3. After I parked my (brand new!) car at school on Monday morning I got a call from admin saying that it had rolled backwards and hit the school ute. What the? The handbrake was adjusted a few days before so it looks like it somehow failed and caused the car to move. Poor little car! Of course the damage could have been much worse but these things are always a pain in the bee-hind to get fixed up.
4. Since I left for Canada my friend Lauren has had not one, but two babies! She was 9 months pregnant with the first when I left and had the second a few days before I got home. I finally got a chance to go and visit her. Her newborn, Elya, is absolutely divine.
5. I hope you have something more exciting planned for your weekend than me! I need to draw faces on and cut out 24 handprint giraffes as well as get a good head start on planning for next term.
Happy weekend everyone! Head on over to Doodle Bugs and link up too! :)