1. This snake skin was brought in by one of my kidlets for her 'Show and Tell' and is currently on the 'Discovery Table' in my classroom freaking me out every time I walk past. I thought a metre long snake skin was bad enough... until one of my teaching partners found a FOUR METRE LONG skin just outside the playground fence while she was retrieving a soccer ball. The snake that lived inside this skin was a nice, big, fat one - the middle section would be a good 10 centimetres wide. We are hoping that it has slithered off far away into the bush!
2. Check out these gorgeous collages that my kidlets made today! I was so impressed. I think it was the Mozart playing that inspired such beautiful artwork. :)
3. We have been studying 'The 5 Senses' in Science and had a culminating day where all 3 Prep classes rotated around activities that celebrated the wonderful ways we can use our senses. There was cooking, making musical instruments, a tactile walk and these jars of coloured sands that are beautiful to look at using our sense of sight. We used cooking salt and chalk - aren't they cool? (And yes, our 5 year olds did all the work to make a jar each!)
4. My Friday night plans involve the couch, my snuggy and a hot water bottle...
5. ...as well as a few of these babies. Yes, I am just that cool!
Happy Friday friends!