1. Speaking of a walk on the beach... this is the view from my lounge room door that's making it seem so tempting! 6:15am on an Autumn morning and the weather is perfect. Bright sunshine, a breeze and I can hear the waves.
2. Before I left school yesterday afternoon I set up a toaster rack (I love those things!) full of folders that I have called "Walking Word Walls". I bought a pack called Awesome Words for Inspiring Authors during the TpT sale and this week we got the pages printed and organised. Each folder has the cover page on the front, and pages of themed words glued inside. My idea is that the kidlets can come and grab one to find a word they need for their journal or story writing or can use them for inspiration when they are stuck for ideas. All they need to do is grab one and take it back to their desk. They will live at the Writer's Corner. So excited to show the kidlets on Monday!
3. Our focus book this week was "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". We had lots of fun making a paper bag retell craft from Liv to Teach. (Although... I ran out of paper bags and had to use big envelopes for some!) The kidlets spent ages storytelling and feeding the old lady the animals. My favourite moment was watching one gorgeous girl pop each animal in the mouth, and then double check that they hadn't fallen out the bottom of the bag. She thought it was magic! :)
4. New books!! We ordered a heap of levelled books this year and some book boxes I bought online just arrived. I had to take a photo while they were still nice and neat (i.e. before the kidlets get to them!).
5. I promised a better photo of my sensory table - so here it is! The container in the middle is for anything you want - water, rice, cloud dough, beans, shredded paper etc. I love that the sides are short enough that the kidlets can easily reach into it. It's also nice and low so they can either sit or stand while at the table. Please excuse the filthy floor... that's playdough ground into it by little feet! :)
That's all from me! I need to get to the beach before getting ready for morning tea with the girls from school. Go and link up with Doodle Bugs to share five random moments from your week. Have a lovely weekend everyone! :)